Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Diana Nyad, age almost 62...

Is swimming from Havana to Florida.  103 miles.  At age almost 62.  Here's the article in today news.  Read it for some inspiration!  I especially like how she mentions that she's in the prime of life.  I don't even think the important thing is whether or not she makes it all the way.  To me, the important thing is that she thinks the 60's are a time of life to try great challenges.  I do too!

If you don't have that kind of energy and zest for life and challenges...
If you're bored or tired...
If you hurt or feel bad in some way or are ill...

Remember Diana Nyad.  She shows us our birthright.  As I've mentioned and linked here before, aging well, staying active and involved and sharp and creative is the heritage of being human!

I'll keep talking about ways to age well on this blog.  See the info and ebooks at http://mindingthemiddleagedmiddle.com/, too.  It might just save your life!

Best wishes,
Ellie, who at 66 feels better than ever before and is beginning a new book this month:  Superfruits and Exotics :  Adventures in gardens and feasts! (or some permutation thereof)

No comments:

Post a Comment