Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Little Algebra Today

Here’s an equation to examine
 

Perfect Nutrition + Perfect Lifestyle = Perfect Health

 

I’ve given my evidence for the truth of that equation before, i.e. if it were not so, humans as a species would no doubt have died out before covering the earth.
 

The factor on the right is what I want.  I guess I have to admit to being a purist on this stuff.  I want it badly enough that I will dig into the meaning of the factors on the left and jump through some hoops to get them. 
 

Times have changed from my parents’ day when not much was known about what perfect nutrition meant, nor even perfect lifestyle.  More and more research and smart thinking  is going into figuring it out.  But here’s what I’m pretty sure we can all take to the bank.  If we don’t have perfect health, the answer is on the other side of the equation.
 

So ask yourself what is going on in your health that is not perfect.  Things I include: (remember I’m an extremist on this stuff, but with good reason)
 

Pimples, dry skin, wrinkles, thinning hair, rashes
Tiredness, poor sleep, low energy
Asthma, allergies, psoriasis, carpal tunnel, joint or muscle pain
Arthritis, depression, mood problems, muscle cramps
Reproductive issues, difficult menopause or cycle problems, PMS
Diabetes, heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis or its precursors
Low thyroid, high thyroid, hormone problems
Frequent colds, flu or other bugs
Headaches, back aches, chronic pain of any kind
High blood pressure, constipation, diarrhea, lack of sexual desire
Heart arrhythmias, kidney disease, pancreatitis, pcos, stomach pain
Memory loss or problems, mental health issues
Parkinson’s, MS, Alzheimer’s, GERD, Gout, IBS, MRSA
Obesity, Leaky gut, TB…
 

Did I miss anything?  The above are NOT inevitable.  They are the result of non optimal nutrition or lifestyle or both.  You are designed to feel great virtually every day of your life—even into old age.  If you don’t, let’s find out what’s not optimal and fix it.  I think almost everything can be healed entirely or improved a whole lot—depending on how far and how long things have been out of optimal range.
 

Do I have perfect health?  Not quite.  I used to think I had all the answers.  I don’t.  But I have a bunch and I’m looking hard for more info all the time.  And my health is awfully darn good.  Especially when I think of where I was a decade ago.

 
“Why,” you ask, “have I not heard this from my doctor?”
 

First of all, he or she doesn’t get any training in this stuff.  Second, there’s no money in it and medicine is the biggest business in America.  No money in it, they’re not interested.  No blame attached to that, but it’s why your doctor’s office is not where to get good information on nutrition and lifestyle which tend to be low cost or free for you to try.    Imagine your doctor taking the hour it would take to teach you about sugar/insulin/glucagon and then simply recommending you quit eating sugary stuff.  Not going to happen!


As I’ve been working on my chapter “How To Get To The End of Your Life Without Getting Cancer: And a lot of other bad stuff,” I’m getting pretty excited about some minerals.  Next time I will give you a sneak peak at what I’ve found out.   I’m still experimenting on myself but I have some preliminary information I will share.

 

If you are garnering any entertainment value or information that’s useful, please tell a couple people in the next few days.  Let’s spread the news that life can be robust even into our golden olden years!

No comments:

Post a Comment